Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Getting what you didn't know you needed

 Last Saturday I received an email from a future participant asking for the link for my Dancing MIndfulness practice later that day. Somehow I had completely missed her registration. I had a list of things to accomplish that day and facilitating Dancing Mindfulness was not one of them. But because I believe in what I do, I did what needed to be done to make it happen. 

The happy by-product of this was that I ended up receiving a really lovely healing experience for myself and facilitating one for the participant. Isn't it wonderful how that happens at times? A seemingly unfortunate, slightly annoying, or even an oops moment turns out to be just what you needed. Even if you didn't know you needed it. 



Now I won't say "everything happens for a reason" because I don't believe in toxic positivity. But I will say that sometimes life surprises you and what initially seemed annoying turns out to be the highlight of your day. So now I look forward to things not going to plan. Last Saturday, I meditated with someone an ocean away, received the release I needed, and rested instead of accomplished. I have no regrets. 


SB

No comments:

Post a Comment